Clinical research has of late transformed the scene in medical practice. One of the areas that have been revolutionized is spine surgery. In the past spinal surgery required open surgery. However, this has changed with the discovery and adoption of minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) by most of the orthopedic spine surgeons amongst them the minimally invasive spine surgery NJ surgeons.
Minimally invasive spine surgery is an endoscopic surgical procedure. It involves use of specialized video cameras and surgical instruments that are incised through minute incisions of less than 2 cm). The incisions are preformed in the abdomen, chest and the back so as to access the spine and finally perform the surgery.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS)
The following are some of the benefits of this unique spine surgery that have been confirmed by both the surgeons and spinal injury patients:
1. Minimized chances of post operation infection: It is factual that open surgery is more vulnerable to microbe infection compared to the endoscopic surgery. Consequently, this reduces the need to putting the patient on potent or combined antibiotic therapy.
2. Quick recovery: In most cases patient takes an extended time to heal from incised wounds after the operations. Since, in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery large incisions of the back, neck, chest or abdomen is not required the patient is most likely to heal faster as compared to the traditional spinal corrective and therapeutic spinal surgery plan.
3. Minimal pain: This type of surgery does not inflict excessive pain on the patient. Consequently, the patient does not required to be put on strong analgesic or pain relievers that are to certain extent addictive.
4. High Safety Margin: This surgical procedure preferred by the minimally invasive spine surgery NJ surgeons has high safety margin. Since the surgeons are able to monitor the procedure on the visual devices, they are able to stay clear of other body organs so as to avoid complicating the patient’s condition.
5. Minimal loss of blood: One of the key benefits of this procedure is reduced blood loss during the procedure.
6. Tiny scars that are easy to manage: The patient does not need to worry of the ugly large scars on their skin that are associated with open surgical procedures. The scars can be easily managed with most of the approved anti scaring ointments.
It is critical for you to carefully analyze, and comprehend all the information about this safe surgical procedure before you agree with surgeon so as to undergo this procedure. One of the authorities in this field that you can consult so as to make an informed decision is Dr. Joshua Rovner. Kindly log into http://progressivespine.com and have an interactive and professional session with this top minimally invasive spine surgery NJ surgeon .